The European Vending & Coffee Service Association publishes information on an annual basis outlining the latest statistics and insights into the vending and Office Coffee Service (OCS) industry. This information can assist companies to make intelligent business decisions to the next years by evaluating the key market trends.
Three current reports are available:
EVA Market Report on European OCS & Vending
As in previous years, this edition of the report is divided into an overall European as well as individual country reports, now expanded with the additions of the Norway and Finland markets.
- The European report includes data on the latest facts and figures about the vending industry and key insights 2020, identifies important trends, and also provides a general summary of 24 European markets.
- 24 individual country reports provide further detailed information of that particular market, including sales value development, average vend price, top operators etc.
EVA Report on the Economic Situation of European vending & OCS
Following the publication of two EVA reports on the Covid-19 impact on the industry last year, the report, published in July 2021 draws on survey responses from both vending operators and suppliers (such as manufacturers, ingredient suppliers, payment solution providers etc) to a range of questions in relation to the recent economic landscape as well as business expectations for the rest of this year and 2022.
The report is published as a combined European report of all the responses, as well as 5 individual country reports (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK) with responses from those markets specifically.
EVA Report on the use of bottled water in vending
The Report – published in April 2022 – investigates how bottled water is currently provided in the vending industry, outlines what formats for bottled water are being used and to what extent, and reveals if European and national policies focused on sustainability are impacting the demand for water in vending machines. The new report is based on the more than 130 responses from European bottlers and vending machine operators to a series of targeted questions and outlines a number of interesting findings, including:
- Over half of operators say sales of bottled water has increased in the last 5 years;
- 42% of operators say PET bottles are the only format for bottled water in their machines, but this varies in different markets;
- Almost half of operators say that there has been an increased demand from clients for water dispensers.
Impact of the Global Situation on Vending
The EVA carried out a survey of Members to understand the current impact of the global situation on our industry. Some statistics can be found in this this infographic.
Consumer Behaviour Report – Automatic Coffee, Drinks, and Snacks Machines
In 2015, the EVA commissioned a report into the behaviour of consumers in relation to vending and professional coffee machines, and consists of a European summary and 11 individual country reports.
The study allows readers to understand the behaviour of some of the core targets of vending businesses, including the consumption behaviour for both cold beverages & snack machines and hot beverage machines. The study reveals the drivers for and barriers against using chilled vending machines, and also attitudes of consumers with regards to hot beverage machines in their work environment.
How do I obtain the report(s)?
- Members have free access to all EVA market reports and can request their own personalised copy of the reports from the EVA Secretariat.
- Non Members can contact the EVA for more information on the reports, the relevant contents page, and receive a tailored price.