Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice provides information on how the EVA collects and processes your personal data.
The protection of data is something we take very seriously. Our members and business partners should be aware of our policy with regard to personal data and have the opportunity to influence how their data is collected, processed and used.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
You can adjust your privacy settings & how we communicate with you by contacting us at any time.
You can unsubscribe from our communication at any time and your consent can be withdrawn at any time.
The data we collect about you
We may collect, use, store different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, title, function, gender
- Contact Data includes company name, billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone (mobile) and fax numbers
- Financial Data includes VAT number, bank account and payment card details
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of services you have purchased from us
- Marketing and Communication Data includes your preferences to receive communications from us such as event invitations, newsletter subscriptions
- Events Data includes details such as name of the partner, ID/passport number, date of birth, dietary comments
- Geographical location data
How is your personal data collected?
On a voluntary basis by direct interactions. You may give us your identity, contact, and financial data by filling forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Visit the website
- Collaborate with EVA
- Visit the office/building of EVA
- Register and/or attend EVA events, committees
- Subscribe to newsletters
- Apply for a Job at EVA
- Apply for membership
- Request marketing material to be sent to you
- Give us some feedback
- Exchange business cards (in case you provide us with your business card, we will ask you to consent that it is stored in our database & receive our communications)
Third parties or publicity available sources. We may receive personal data about you from public sources such as identity and contact data obtained from your company’s website.
Personal data will never be shared with partners or third parties without your explicit prior consent.
EVA event attendance:
Financial information transmitted by the participant for the registration to events is kept confidential and will be used solely for the purpose of the event; this information will not be transmitted to a third-party or sold for commercial gain. The requested identity card/passport number will be only used for the purpose of your hotel booking management & will not be kept in our database. Information related to your partner or dietary comments will be deleted when the particular event has taken place and we no longer need the information.
For what purpose do we process your data?
EVA uses personal data to communicate and promote its services to members in the context of a legitimate interest (means our interest to conduct and manage our business to enable us to provide the best service/product and the best and most secure experience).
To promote its services to potential members. To represent and defend the interests of the industry vis-à vis the European Institutions and other relevant authorities or bodies.
Personal data may also be used for commercial and/or marketing purposes like the promotion of EVA events.
This communication is handled by postal mail, email, telephone or via Social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, EVEX app…).
EVA can use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Responding to questions (whether or not received through the contact form)
- Sending newsletters
- Issuing invoices and collection thereof
- Follow-up of meetings
- Sending targeted marketing and advertising opportunities
- Conducting satisfaction surveys and other market research
- To comply with Competition law
- Confirmation of the subscription of any webinar, seminar and event
EVA event attendance: In the context of the participation at an EVA event, the participant consents that the EVA will transfer his/her personal data (company name, first name, family name) to other participants with an attendees list distributed during the event as well as for networking opportunities between the participants with the use of the mobile app dedicated to EVEX (list of attendees, messages between participants). He/she will also authorise the organizers to use any pictures, videos in which he/she appears for the purpose of its newsletter, on the registration site of event, as well on the websites of the organisers & any of their social media tools for information about the event & its promotion.
Data retention, for how long do we keep your data?
Members: personal data is stored during the performance of the contract and can be adapted at any time upon request to the EVA team.
Performance of contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party.
Non-Members: We will store your personal data until the moment you have informed us that you no longer wish to receive our mailings, we cease the sending of the relevant mailings, or it appears that your email address is no longer in use (for example when we receive a failed delivery notification). Consent can be withdrawn at any time.
Events data management – see above.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of the personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party
- Withdraw consent at any time
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact us using the details set out below.
European Vending & Coffee Service Association (EVA)
Postal address: 44, rue van Eyck, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Telephone number: + 32 2 512 00 75