AVA holds its AGM & AVEX 2017 ballot
EVA attended the UK & Ireland vending association AGM on 29th September.
Some of the major topics and current developments in the vending industry in the British Isles were highlighted along with the key priorities for the remainder of this year and 2017. Some key topics the Association is working on include:
· The implementation of the new 1 GBP coin, 5 & 10 GBP banknotes;
· The new sugar tax, and participation in a 'Face the Facts' coalition lobbying campaign
· Promotion of healthier vending including drafting new guidelines for operators;
· Issues with regards to paper cups;
· Regular topical committee meetings and ongoing quality assurance testing for operators.
The AVA has also just launched their new website, to provide members and the general public with a more coherent and user friendly access to the world of UK and Irish vending :
The second part of the day was devoted to AVEX 2017, outlining a number of changes for the next edition, and including the ballot for the most sought after exhibition areas. The ballot was conducted with the help of Ray Stubbs, the well-known English football pundit, who helped provide a jovial ambiance.
The venue for the day was the NEC exhibition centre in Birmingham; the same location where the next edition of AVEX International will be held on 12th & 13th September 2017.
Chief Executive Jonathan Hart addresses the AGM
Football pundit Ray Stubbs